The Physics and Astronomy Graduate Student Conference
This is an annual conference internal to the Physics and Astronomy department at York University, organized by PAGE members. The conference features:
1. grad student presentations of 20 minutes in duration (15 min talk + 5 min Q&A)
2. talks by invited speakers (such as new/visiting faculty or clubs/groups).
The goal is to inform each other of our research interests and pursuits and to practice presentation skills in front of a friendly audience. Attendance is free, and lunch and snacks will be provided throughout the day, so we strongly encourage all graduate students to participate in the event each year. As extra incentive, a prize is awarded for the best graduate talk.
- 2015 October 29th: Schedule, Conference poster, Keynote
- 2014 October 31st: Schedule: here. Conference poster: here.
- 2013 October 25th: The Pygmy Marmoset Conference schedule and poster.
- 2012 *No conference occurred this year
- 2011 October 12th, The 2011 PAGE conference
- 2010 October 14th, The 2010 Squirrel Monkey PAGE Conference
- 2009 October 15th, The 2009 PAGE Conference, in memory of the physicist Gustav Robert Kirchhoff (1824-1887), Conference Pictures
- 2008 August 5th, The Woolly Spider Monkey Conference, Conference Pictures
- 2007 August 30th, The Golden Lion Tamarin Conference
- 2006 August 3rd, The Red Uakari Conference
- 2005 August 25th, The Capuchin Monkey Conference
- 2002 August 8th, The Gobbon Monkey Conference
- 2001 July 26th, The Bonobo Monkey Conference
- 2000 August, The Lemur Monkey Conference